2019 Hispanic Student College Institute
Montclair State University earned its Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) designation in March 2016 and, in doing so, became the largest four-year HSI designee in New Jersey. In celebration of Montclair State’s new status, and in keeping with our commitment to educating Hispanic students, the University established the Hispanic Student College Institute for high school students.
Montclair State seeks to broaden the scope and reach of this event in order to benefit even larger and more diverse groups of students.
For the 2018 institute:
- A total of 760 applications were received
- Applications were received from 7 states
- Average GPA of an accepted student was 3.63
- 55.2% of participants will be the first in their families to attend college
- 201 high school juniors and seniors completed the program
- 90.2% of HSCI participants said they are now more likely to apply to Montclair State!
Students are invited to attend completely free of charge. Meals and campus housing are provided to students. As you can imagine, this event is costly to maintain. Opportunities abound to support travel scholarships, provide corporate sponsorship, or to join with us in presenting the event.