We are thrilled to announce the first annual Cali School of Music end-of-year fundraising campaign: Invest in Cali!
Our goal is to raise 75k of funds by December 10, 2023 that will directly impact the lives of current and future students through the Cali Pathways Project and Cali student scholarships. Each contribution, no matter the size, brings us one step closer to reaching our goal. We encourage you to spread the word to friends and family, amplifying our impact and creating a ripple effect of support.
Thank you for being an integral part of our musical community!
Designate your donation towards:
- JOHN J. CALI MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP: Help us offset tuition costs for students who show exemplary accomplishments and exhibit financial need. With your help, The John J. Cali School of Music prepares the creative leaders of tomorrow. We are dedicated to a premier artistic and academic education offering exceptional training in best-in-class facilities. Choosing from majors in performance, jazz studies, composition, music education, music therapy, and recording arts and production, our students study with world-class musicians dedicated to exceptional artistic and personal growth, mixing rigorous coursework with focused private lessons and challenging repertory.
- $25,000 ensures one year's tuition and room and board at Montclair State University
- $15,000 ensures one year's tuition at Montclair State University
- $7,500 ensures one semester tuition free at Montclair State University
- CALI PATHWAYS PROJECT: An initiative of the Cali School of Music that seeks to support talented students from underserved populations with a desire to pursue music and higher education. Starting in students' freshman year of high school, Pathways provides a suitable instrument, access to high-level instruction, extra-curricular opportunities, and more, all at no cost, so that students will benefit from the mentorship of Cali School faculty & alumni to receive all that the School of Music has to offer. Below are opportunities that will make a lasting impact:
- $5,000 will provide a student with one year of private instruction or the unique opportunity of a summer camp or festival immersive musical experience
- $2,500 will provide an instrument that will take a student to and through college years and beyond
- $1,000 will facilitate a student's travel to/from music instruction
- NAME-A-SEAT: Name a seat, create a pathway! Through the John J. Cali School of Music Name-A-Seat campaign, you can name one or more of the 180 permanent seats in the Leshowitz Recital Hall, and help fund scholarships for underserved student musicians through the Pathways Project. Enjoy having your name, a sentiment, anniversary date, or the name of another person you wish to honor laser-engraved on an elegant plaque placed on one of the Recital Hall seats to be cherished for years to come.
- $2,000 per seat
- $3,500 for 2 seats
Though Montclair State University serves more than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students, The Cali School of Music treats our students to a small school experience within a larger school environment, offering a supportive community that serves the musical and academic goals of young musicians. Become part of a legacy that will provide enrichment for future generations!