HawkHack: Code to Win!
We are excited to announce that the Computer Club and the Department of Computer Science (with the help of the College of Science and Mathematics) are organizing the first-ever hackathon at Montclair State University! The event will take place Saturday, March 30th - Sunday, March 31st. We proudly name it HawkHack. We Red Hawks want to have our own Hackathon!
A hackathon is a short-term event in which individuals (consisting of computer programmers, graphic designers, interface designers, project managers, etc.) collaborate intensively in teams to create a working software prototype, application or product addressing a specific project or need. Our HawkHack consists of a 24-hour hacking experience followed by a series of workshops given by industry experts. We welcome non-MSU students to collaborate and compete with MSU students. We invite various companies to see the exciting projects our students can build.
HawkHack will provide numerous benefits for our students and the University.
- Students will learn the latest trends and highly needed skills in the job market.
- Students will meet new people and expand their professional network.
- Students can interact with their counterparts from different backgrounds to generate new ideas and build awesome software or hardware projects.
- Students learn and practice to work as a team on a project with specified timelines.
- Students can add value to the their CVs.
- Students and their potential employers can communicate directly in a new way.
As a tradition in hosting hackathons, we decide to make the registration FREE for all the participants. However, every beginning is difficult. Since this is the first time we organize such an event in MSU, we are not able to secure enough sponsorship to cover all the costs (catering, t-shirts, security coverage, housekeeping, etc., just to name a few).
We humbly ask your support for our first hackathon. We plan to organize the hackathon as an annual event in the future. Your support will help us to have a successful start and enable us to secure enough sponsorship from outside companies for our future events!